Friday, March 18, 2005

Help Conquer Disease with *Your* Computer

Hello gang!

Here's an endevour that is kind of a pet project that I have. Grid.org, in tandem with IBM (yes, that IBM) have created software that uses the unused processing time on your computer. It doesn't slow down your computer but runs as a fancy screensaver to help medical researchers fold proteins and do various other complex calculations in the hopes of finding a cure for cancer and other diseases. I have it on my home computer, my computer at the dental practice and various other family computers. It is an unqualified success.

I would like to recruit your computer to help humanity. Please download the software, install it and then go to this page to join my team: The Canadian Dent/Med Grid. You don't have to be Canadian or in the Health Sciences to join. I aim to have one of the largest teams in the worldwide grid, which currently has over 2.5 million computers helping out!


I am hoping for your kind support! Take care all and have a great weekend!
Hans Skariah, B.Sc., DMD