Thursday, January 04, 2007

Cool Site Page: Canadian DAT links

If you are thinking of a career in dentistry (as a dentist), the Canadian Dental Association has a great selection of links about the Canadian Dental Aptitude Test or (DAT). To get into a dental school, you need the following:

  1. an undergraduate degree with the prescribed requirements
  2. great marks
  3. a great DAT score
  4. a well rounded existence :) (sports, volunteering etc.)
  5. a great interview

If you make it in, it's a minimum 4 years more of schooling to become a general practitioner (in certain US states, you may need a further year of residency). Specialist training requires many additional years of training.

Take care,

Hans Skariah, B.Sc., DMD
Promenade Court Dental Health Group in Mississauga
2233 Hurontario St., Mississauga, ON, Canada
(1/2 km north of the QEW in the Dome Building)
(905) 273-7100