We understand that choosing a new dentist and dental health team can be a challenge, leaving you feeling somewhat uncertain. Let us welcome you and share some insights about what we do for our patients. The philosophy guiding our practice is as follows:
In other words, we help you be or become as healthy as you choose. Instead of just telling you how healthy you ought to be, we will try to help you understand your choices about dental health and then let you make a free and informed decision. Your first choice in this regard is how you would like to begin with us. There are five levels on which people may choose to be seen in our practice:"Our purpose is to help people achieve the highest level of dental well-being and in so doing, to enhance the quality of their lives."
- Level 1...URGENT CARE: People in crisis or with an emergency problem such as pain, swelling, or bleeding that need our immediate help are at this level. We see urgencies immediately, whenever possible.
- Level 2...REMEDIAL CARE: People who choose this level of care desire treatment only when something breaks or becomes uncomfortable. Generally people at this level expect a limited type of examination, focusing on obvious problems. They usually want to correct immediate problems with as little effort and cost as possible.
- Level 3...SELF-CARE: Patients who choose this level of care want a thorough examination and take an active part in the treatment and prevention of present and future disease problems. However, they usually choose repair solutions that are short range in nature.
- Level 4...COMPLETE DENTISTRY: Patients at this level are similar to people described in level 3. They choose to have a thorough examination. However, they decide on a MASTER PLAN to formulate a long-term treatment plan for health and repair. These patients are very concerned about treating the causes of dental disease, not simply the effects. These patients want all dental treatment provided to be completed in the most lasting fashion possible.
- Level 5... LOOK YOUR BEST: People in this group are in level 4 as far as dental health is concerned, but also want to look their best at all times. They know that their smile is one of the first things others notice about them and want to put their best foot (face) forward.
We hope these levels of care make sense to you. It is not uncommon for people to begin at one level and progress to another over time. We are here to help you discover and decide at what level you are most comfortable. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and provide you with the best dentistry appropriate for you.
To YOUR health,
Dr. Hans Skariah, Jodie and Gloria
Hans Skariah, B.Sc., DMD
Promenade Court Dental Health Group in Mississauga
2233 Hurontario St., Mississauga, ON, Canada
(1/2 km north of the QEW in the Dome Building)