Six essential qualities of a leader:
- Beliefs: Develop strong core beliefs.
- Optimism: Be a problem solver not a problem maker; believe that there are solutions.
- Courage: Take action in the face of fear.
- Preparation: Do your homework; "luck" is where opportunity and preparedness intersect.
- Teamwork: Be humble and know that you can get others to help with success.
- Communication: People who can influence others can move the world; become good at it by practicing the preceding five qualities.
I thought these were great points that I could use to enhance the practice going forward.
Source: Stolz B, Tips for Building an Unstoppable Team, Journal of Cosmetic Dentistry Fall 2007, Vol 23, No 3, pg 70-72.Hans Skariah, B.Sc., DMD
Promenade Court Dental Health Group in Mississauga
2233 Hurontario St., Mississauga, ON, Canada
(1/2 km north of the QEW in the Dome Building)